Monday, March 17, 2008

Flakey The Gnome

Tai King and I had a solid hour and 9 minutes today to talk while Oi Ying napped. As soon as my wee girl was fast asleep, I proposed to Tai King that we make a magic fort to snuggle in. He was all for it, and we clambered onto the couch together and tented a sheet over us. I started a smooching extravaganza by licking some crusted strawberry jam off of his cheeks. When I asked him why he tasted so yummy, he said, "Because I am a pear!". I responded by introducing myself as a Snickerdoodle. We went on being silly for some time, until we realized that we were being watched. Tetley, was peeping at us through a crack in the fort. Tai King tore after him, caught him, dragged him over to the fort, and hugged his furry feline rear end for about 4 minutes. The cat managed to squeeze his way out of Tai King's grasp, took off running and slunk into a hiding place. Back in the magic fort, Tai King asked where the gnomes were. I was surprised that he had heard of such creatures. I asked him what he thought gnomes were, what they do, what they look like...and he didn't seem to have a clear idea, but was very curious. We decided that having a gnome for a friend would be very nice. And so, Flakey the Gnome was born. Flakey lives in the garden, has a pet snail named Nuggy, and loves to sing. If we are very, very quite, we can hear him singing. We often do. Flakey's favourite game is called 'Bop". Tai King taught me a few words in gnome language. 'Nwan, Nwan" means "I have to go poop" and "Doo Boo" means "Mommy". Apparently the moon had taught Tai King these words.

1 comment:

Run ANC said...

I found some gnome candles while shopping the other day and almost bought them for Tai King. Then I thought, why am I buying CANDLES for a 3-year-old??! That's a recipe for disaster.